And the Spin number is...

12! 

Which means I'll be reading Sir Walter Scott's Heart of Midlothian, which is very long and very wordy.  I hope I can bash my way through it!  It's not exactly scary, but it's a bit intimidating.


It turns out that "Heart of Midlothian" is also the name of a Scottish soccer team (OK, football club) and a piece of Edinburgh paving that apparently you spit on.  I'll have to investigate that a little further, but right now I have to go to a work meeting....



A small mystery to unravel


Comments

  1. I've never heard of this book but love the idea of they mystery going back a century. I will be reading Tales of the South Pacific by James Michener. It not only loosely fulfills reading of a classic, it is also a Pulitzer Prize winning book. Hope it lives up to the hype.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think, so please comment!

Popular posts from this blog

The Four Ages of Poetry

Ozathon #1: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz